14 October, 2009

Stories III: 2-2.5 million





















A couple of days after getting my camera, i hit the streets... 
There was this man who saw me. He told me to take a picture of him.
He then introduces himself, telling me his name and where he is from...
Then, he asks me: how much is the population in our country ?
I say: 3 million maybe...
He says: I alone know 2 - 2.5 million. And they know me! One day, you might show this picture to someone, or have it hanged somewhere, be sure that somebody will come to you and tell you "i know this man".



This is how i edited his picture.
I saw him again many times. He lives not very far from me. He owns a little store on the road.
I gave him a print of this picture. 
He felt so old, he told me: "If my wife saw this picture, she would leave me right away".


Anyway, I saw him again a couple of days ago, me and my friend were looking for something to eat.
He was selling corn at night. Such a welcoming and strong personality.
Started telling us abt the time when he was supposed to have a big shot role in a feature film... 





2 comments:

  1. love the way people are in Lebanon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I come across this blog, and I have very little time. Your photographs are beautiful, even the portraits of the old people (which usually are pathetically trite), but even the way you write is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete